NEED A PLACE TO KEEP WARM?
The City of Hartford Department of Health and Human Services provides a range of services and programs to protect and assist the nearly 125,000 residents and 63,000 commuters who live and work in Connecticut's capital city. The Department is organized into 5 programmatic divisions: Maternal and Child Health, Senior and Community Services, Environmental Health, Disease Prevention, and Health Promotion, and Administration.
To protect the well-being of the people in Hartford, to promote an environment conducive to healthy lifestyles, and to prevent adverse health outcomes. Whenever possible, the Department will endeavor to employ strategies, policies, and interventions through community partnerships to reduce health disparities.
- Leadership: Our performance is guided by creativity, competence and the use of best practices
- Excellence: We hold ourselves accountable for the delivery of the highest quality of service
- Integrity: We demonstrate ethical fortitude and honesty in all our initiatives
- Respect: We are committed to celebrating the diversity and inherent worth of all individuals
- Teamwork: We are committed to working collaboratively and professionally with our peers and partners